I am so thrilled you’ll be joining me for the powerful days we’ll spend together in retreat….including eating, which is what this is all about.
You’ll experience what it’s like to stay connected to your thought process, inquire deeply into what is true for you, and eat meals together with care, love and attention.
“I was continuously looking for an answer. Then I decided ‘there is no answer’. I thought I just had to accept being fat and try to be happy. But now, being in this retreat, I realize THIS is the answer. This is it. I understand how to eat peacefully.” ~ Participant Eating Peace Retreat 2016
Our retreat location is a gorgeous private home set up specifically for retreats like ours, walking distance from my own cottage in Lake Forest Park, Washington. The address: 17832 – 29th Avenue NE, Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
If you are interested in sleeping onsite, please let me know right away–the rooms will fill quickly. I can let you know what is available, and you can book it through submitting your fee through paypal directly to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Send Money link (the room booking is not a part of services offered by Work With Grace) or you can send a check to Grace Bell at: 17102 Brentwood Place N.E. Lake Forest Park, WA 98155. Your booking confirms and holds your room.
For those staying onsite, you may check in any time from 4:00 pm and after on Weds, January 9th. If you are not staying onsite, you are also very welcome to arrive any time after 4 pm to relax. The evening session begins promptly at 7:00 pm. Arriving by 6:30 pm is encouraged.
For those wanting onsite accommodations, please see the fees below. You are welcome to split the cost with someone else of any room, just let me know who will be there so I can make sure to know who to communicate with who will be onsite.
Our retreat house is a gorgeous spot, you will love it! Hot tub, beautiful grounds, lovely kitchen, outdoor meditation space…everything free for you to use and live in while you are there. The retreat house will be primarily a space of silence and quiet. Everyone is welcome, whether you spend the night there or commute daily.
- King Master Bedroom upstairs $120 per night
- King Master Bedroom #2 upstairs $110 per night
- Queen Bedroom $95 per night
- Full-Size Bedroom $85 per night
- Twin bed trundle, main floor $65 per night for main bed, if sharing by using the second bed (moved into it’s own spot) then each pay $45
- Use your own mat and sleeping bag/bedding or couch $30 per night – this is only available when the 5 bedrooms are full.
Some things to keep in mind about our time together (more information to come when we get closer to the retreat):
- Please plan on arriving by 6:30 pm our first night to check in, get settled, get some tea, and find your seat. We’ll begin at 7:00 pm.
- Bring some comfortable walking shoes if you’d like to join the silent walking meditation exercises during our days together
- We meet every night until 9:00 pm
- Saturday: Bring comfortable dancing clothes/yoga clothes to move in easily as we’ll be attending a freeform dance run and operated by Grace and her husband Jon on Saturday morning, with a deep intention of “living” your turnarounds and feeling them in your body, so that doing The Work is not a purely conceptual experience in the mind (it isn’t)! This event runs Saturday morning from 10am-Noon. Those who are not able to attend are free to do The Work quietly at our retreat site. We will arrange carpools for those wanting to attend the morning movement on Friday. The freeform dance is only a few miles away, less than 15 min drive.
- You will be acquiring your own food for your meals for all meals, and we will eat lunch and dinner together daily during this time. As a part of the retreat exercise, you will get the food you most want to eat for your meals. There is a refrigerator available for your items. You might also love getting take-out food from the many options in the area.
- Prepare for rain in the Pacific Northwest.
- Bring your bathing suit and towel if you’d like to use the hot tub on the grounds in the evening during break. If you think “absolutely not” you might consider what it would be like if you felt more comfortable in your body, and were open to nurturing it in this way (if hot soaking water is right for you).
January 9-14, 2019 Retreat Schedule
- Wednesday 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Thursday 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Friday 9:30 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am – 9:00 pm (morning movement/dance)
- Sunday 9:00 – 9:00 pm
- Monday 9:00 – 11:00 am
Your enrollment fee is refundable for the retreat less $100 administration fee up to December 1. After that, it’s non-refundable. You may transfer your enrollment to the next 4-day Seattle area retreat if there is a last-minute emergency and you are unable to attend. If you have booked a room onsite, your booking fee is still due if you cancel any time after December 1st. However, if I can find anyone to replace your room with someone else and refund you the lodging fee, I will. If you are unable to transfer your cancellation to a future autumn or spring retreat within one year, or the next Eating Peace Retreat (January 2020), there is no refund.